By Michael E. Schuckers
Compensating for this want, this exact text/reference presents a uncomplicated statistical technique for practitioners and testers of bioauthentication units, providing a collection of rigorous statistical tools for comparing biometric authentication platforms. This framework of equipment should be prolonged and generalized for quite a lot of purposes and tests.
This is the 1st unmarried source on statistical tools for estimation and comparability of the functionality of biometric authentication platforms. The e-book makes a speciality of six universal functionality metrics: for every metric, statistical equipment are derived for a unmarried procedure that includes self assurance durations, speculation exams, pattern measurement calculations, energy calculations and prediction periods. those equipment also are prolonged to permit for the statistical comparability and evaluate of a number of platforms for either self sufficient and matched data.
Topics and features:
* offers a statistical technique for the commonest biometric functionality metrics: failure to sign up (FTE), failure to procure (FTA), fake non-match price (FNMR), fake fit cost (FMR), and receiver working attribute (ROC) curves
* provides equipment for the comparability of 2 or extra biometric functionality metrics
* Introduces a brand new bootstrap technique for FMR and ROC curve estimation
* provides greater than a hundred and twenty examples, utilizing publicly on hand biometric information the place possible
* Discusses the addition of prediction periods to the bioauthentication statistical toolset
* Describes sample-size and gear calculations for FTE, FTA, FNMR and FMR
Researchers, managers and judgements makers desiring to check biometric structures throughout various metrics will locate inside this reference a useful set of statistical instruments. Written for an upper-level undergraduate or master’s point viewers with a quantitative historical past, readers also are anticipated to recognize the subjects in a customary undergraduate data course.
Dr. Michael E. Schuckers is affiliate Professor of information at St. Lawrence collage, Canton, new york, and a member of the heart for identity expertise Research.
Read or Download Computational Methods in Biometric Authentication: Statistical Methods for Performance Evaluation (Information Science and Statistics) PDF
Best number systems books
During this textual content, we introduce the fundamental ideas for the numerical modelling of partial differential equations. We think of the classical elliptic, parabolic and hyperbolic linear equations, but additionally the diffusion, delivery, and Navier-Stokes equations, in addition to equations representing conservation legislation, saddle-point difficulties and optimum keep watch over difficulties.
This two-volume paintings provides a scientific theoretical and computational learn of various kinds of generalizations of separable matrices. the most realization is paid to speedy algorithms (many of linear complexity) for matrices in semiseparable, quasiseparable, band and better half shape. The paintings is concentrated on algorithms of multiplication, inversion and outline of eigenstructure and incorporates a huge variety of illustrative examples through the diversified chapters.
This publication introduces the elemental options of actual and useful research. It offers the basics of the calculus of adaptations, convex research, duality, and optimization which are essential to boost functions to physics and engineering difficulties. The e-book contains introductory and complicated suggestions in degree and integration, in addition to an advent to Sobolev areas.
This booklet is entire in its classical mathematical physics presentation, offering the reader with specific directions for acquiring Green's capabilities from scratch. Green's services is an device simply available to practitioners who're engaged in layout and exploitation of machines and constructions in smooth engineering perform.
- Numerical Analysis in Modern Scientific Computing: An Introduction (Texts in Applied Mathematics)
- Nonlinear Computational Geometry: 151 (The IMA Volumes in Mathematics and its Applications)
- Finance with Monte Carlo (Springer Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics and Technology)
- Grundlagen der Numerischen Mathematik und des Wissenschaftlichen Rechnens (German Edition)
- Linear Integral Equations (Applied Mathematical Sciences)
Additional resources for Computational Methods in Biometric Authentication: Statistical Methods for Performance Evaluation (Information Science and Statistics)