By Jeremy P. Shapiro
Child and Adolescent remedy: technological know-how and paintings, moment Edition depends on either psychotherapy examine and scientific services to create a accomplished consultant to evidence-based perform for prone of kid and adolescent remedy. It contains motives of all significant theoretical orientations and the concepts linked to each one, with program to the foremost diagnostic different types. This up to date Second Edition contains a new bankruptcy on Mindfulness-Based Cognitive-Behavioral cures (Dialectical habit remedy and attractiveness and dedication Therapy), incorporation of contemporary neuroscience study, guide in Motivational Interviewing, and information in utilizing healing diagrams with younger clients.
The publication versions the concept strategy of specialist therapists by means of describing how the technological know-how and paintings of treatment will be mixed to supply a robust foundation for therapy making plans and medical decision-making. Theoretical techniques, empirically supported remedies, and most sensible practices are translated into concrete, special shape, with a number of examples of therapist verbalizations and conversations among counselor and shopper. Child and Adolescent remedy: technology and artwork, moment Edition:
- Explains the paintings of therapists from the floor up, starting with basics and relocating directly to complex concept and technique
- Covers the most important theoretical techniques: behavioral, cognitive, mindfulness-based, psychodynamic, constructivist, and relatives systems
- Guides therapists in making plans potent therapy innovations with balanced attention of final result study, cultural components, and person shopper characteristics
- Connects remedy making plans with the diagnostic features of the main baby and adolescent disorders
For either scholars and expert clinicians searching for new rules and strategies, Child and Adolescent remedy: technology and artwork, moment Edition bargains an intensive, holistic exam of the way top to serve younger remedy clients.
Read or Download Child and Adolescent Therapy: Science and Art PDF
Similar adolescent psychology books
The basic reference for human improvement concept, up-to-date and reconceptualized The instruction manual of kid Psychology and Developmental technological know-how, a four-volume reference, is the field-defining paintings to which all others are in comparison. First released in 1946, and now in its 7th variation, the guide has lengthy been thought of the definitive advisor to the sphere of developmental technology.
The administration of youngsters with emotional and behavioural problems has continually been a resource of fear and crisis to people who need to care for them. Many such teenagers are unpredictable, occasionally embarrassing, and will frequently make us believe helpless. we have to recognize extra approximately them, and why they believe, believe, and behave as they do.
Children in America’s internal towns develop up and build identities amidst a panorama of relationships and violence, aid and discrimination, video games and gangs. In such contexts, neighborhood environments reminiscent of after-school courses can assist adolescence to mediate among social stereotypes and day-by-day event, or supply area for them to think about themselves as contributing contributors of a group.
Psychische Störungen im Kindes- und Jugendalter sind weit verbreitet; doch nur wenige der Betroffenen erhalten die notwendige pädagogische und therapeutische Unterstützung. Das Buch gibt einen Überblick über die Symptome und die zugrundeliegende Psychodynamik der verschiedenen Störungen. Es führt in die psychoanalytische Theorie und Behandlung von Kindern und Jugendlichen ein, ergänzt durch Bindungstheorie und Extremtraumatisierung sowie einem eigenen Kapitel zu Sexualität, Sexualisierung (Perversion) und sexuellem Missbrauch, speziell auch bei Menschen mit geistigen Behinderungen, behandelt Störungsbilder der Neurosen, narzisstische Störungen, psychosomatische Störungen, Borderline-Störungen und Psychosen sowie Sprachstörungen.
- Modular CBT for Children and Adolescents with Depression: A Clinician's Guide to Individualized Treatment
- Social and Academic Abilities in Children with High-Functioning Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Handbook of Autism and Anxiety (Autism and Child Psychopathology Series)
- Academic and Behavior Supports for At-Risk Students: The Guilford Practical Intervention in the Schools (The Guilford Practical Intervention in the Schools Series)
- The Adolescent Brain: Learning, Reasoning, and Decision Making
- Meeting the Challenges of Adolescent Psychotherapy
Additional info for Child and Adolescent Therapy: Science and Art