By Thomas Keenan,Subhadra Evans,Kevin Crowley
An advent to baby improvement, 3rd Edition provides undergraduate scholars in psychology and different disciplines with a accomplished survey of the most components of kid improvement, from infancy via to early life, in a quite simply obtainable structure. It equips scholars with an appreciation of the serious matters, whereas supplying balanced insurance of issues that characterize either vintage and leading edge paintings during this sizeable and interesting field.
The new version has been totally up-to-date and features:
- Topical examine examples from present literature in psychology, schooling, nursing and drugs together with new fabric on fetal studying and the function of play
- New and accelerated sections overlaying key modern concerns in cognitive, emotional and social development
- New positive aspects similar to 'Points for mirrored image' containers, designed to motivate the reader to mirror extra deeply at the topic matter
- Access to an more desirable SAGE facet better half site which beneficial properties on-line readings, Powerpoint Slides, ‘Test your self’ questions and masses extra (https://edge.sagepub.com/keenan3e).
This textbook is vital analyzing for undergraduate scholars taking an introductory path in baby development or developmental psychology and gives a transparent and obtainable origin for essays, assignments and different projects.
Read or Download An Introduction to Child Development (SAGE Foundations of Psychology series) PDF
Best adolescent psychology books
The basic reference for human improvement conception, up-to-date and reconceptualized The instruction manual of kid Psychology and Developmental technology, a four-volume reference, is the field-defining paintings to which all others are in comparison. First released in 1946, and now in its 7th variation, the guide has lengthy been thought of the definitive advisor to the sector of developmental technology.
The administration of youngsters with emotional and behavioural problems has regularly been a resource of fear and trouble to those that need to take care of them. Many such childrens are unpredictable, occasionally embarrassing, and will usually make us believe helpless. we have to understand extra approximately them, and why they believe, suppose, and behave as they do.
Children in America’s internal towns develop up and build identities amidst a panorama of relationships and violence, aid and discrimination, video games and gangs. In such contexts, neighborhood environments equivalent to after-school courses will help adolescence to mediate among social stereotypes and day-by-day event, or supply area for them to think about themselves as contributing contributors of a group.
Psychische Störungen im Kindes- und Jugendalter sind weit verbreitet; doch nur wenige der Betroffenen erhalten die notwendige pädagogische und therapeutische Unterstützung. Das Buch gibt einen Überblick über die Symptome und die zugrundeliegende Psychodynamik der verschiedenen Störungen. Es führt in die psychoanalytische Theorie und Behandlung von Kindern und Jugendlichen ein, ergänzt durch Bindungstheorie und Extremtraumatisierung sowie einem eigenen Kapitel zu Sexualität, Sexualisierung (Perversion) und sexuellem Missbrauch, speziell auch bei Menschen mit geistigen Behinderungen, behandelt Störungsbilder der Neurosen, narzisstische Störungen, psychosomatische Störungen, Borderline-Störungen und Psychosen sowie Sprachstörungen.
- Counseling Children and Adolescents: Working in School and Clinical Mental Health Settings
- Teen Pregnancy and Parenting: Rethinking the Myths and Misperceptions (Routledge Advances in Health and Social Policy)
- Cultural Psychology of Musical Experience (Advances in Cultural Psychology: Constructing Human Development)
- Telling the Truth to Your Adopted or Foster Child: Making Sense of the Past, 2nd Edition: Making Sense of the Past
Extra resources for An Introduction to Child Development (SAGE Foundations of Psychology series)